Project Connect Friday, October 4, 2019 10am-2pm, Centreville Fairgrounds
Project Connect is an annual event taking place the first Friday in October where community members learn about available services and are immediately connected to providers. It is a resource fair targeting the low income families and homeless of St. Joseph County. However, anyone is welcome to attend to access information and receive health screenings and other amenities offered on site. A Veteran Stand Down is held simultaneously to connect Veterans and their families to the additional resources available to them.
The 12th Annual Project Connect was held October 5 th ,2018 at the Centreville Fairgrounds in Centreville.
At 2018 Project Connect:
- 80 service agencies participated.Click here to view agencies and their websites
- 405 food boxes distributed
- 500 meals served
- 429 hygiene kits provided
- 429 community help cards distributed
- 191 shots administered
- 317+ health screenings provided
- 99 haircuts provided
- 38 rides provided to and from event courtesy of St. Joseph County Transportation Authority
2018 Event Impact:
- 368 households attended
- 1015 persons were impacted (number includes household members not present at event)
- 89% of attendees reside within St. Joseph County, Michigan
- 328 out of 332 households indicated they received help they needed or were connected to a resource to help with their current needs
- 255 new households attended that did not attend in 2017
- 89 veterans attended
- 22 households were currently homeless
- 14 households were in process of being evicted
- 79 attendees were currently unemployed
- 71% of attendees sought food assistance
Project Connect is a collaboration of the SJC Human Services Commission, its task forces, and other agencies serving St. Joseph County, Michigan.
Thank you to all who have donated their time and resources to this event.
Agencies - click links below to visit website